Join Us for the First March for Marriage in Washington DC on March 26th. The National Organization for Marriage, along with Focus on the Family, CitizenLink, Family Research Council, and many others, is sponsoring this historic day for us to Stand for Marriage in our nation’s capital. This is also the day that the Supreme Court of the United States will hear oral arguments in the Proposition 8 Case from California. Join us for this incredibly important opportunity to make our voices heard, our presence felt, and pray as we march from the National Mall to the Supreme Court, and then rally on the Mall with incredible speakers and music.
This is an opportunity we simply can’t miss, a chance to show like never before that the American people stand for marriage — stand for the rights of children to experience the love of both a mother and a father — stand for the rights of voters not to have marriage redefined against their will by out of control legislatures and activist judges.
A generous donor has underwritten the cost of a professional, modern, and comfortable coach bus to transport folks from Rhode Island to and from the event.
- Meet at Quidnessett Baptist Church (QBC) (6356 Post Road, North Kingstown, RI) at 10:15 PM on Monday March 25th.
- Depart QBC at 10:30 PM, sleeping on the bus.
- Arrive RFK Stadium at approximately 6:30 AM on March 26th.
- Take the Orange or Blue Metro line to the Smithsonian Metro Stop, adjacent to the rallying point
- At 8:30 AM march up the Mall past the Supreme Court, returning to the Rally point on the Mall for music and speakers
- 1:00 PM Return to RFK Stadium parking lot via Blue or Orange lines from the Smithsonian Metro stop
- 3:00 PM Depart by bus for Rhode Island
- Midnight Arrive at QBC
- Cars may be parked safely in the QBC lot for the duration of the trip.
- Food, and Metro Costs are the responsibility of the traveler.
- A nominal $10.00/person fee is requested, up to a maximum of $30.00 per family.
Please RSVP directly to Chris Plante, Regional Director for the National Organization for Marriage, at [email protected]
For more information on the event, visit: